EUROVISION 2022. The international singing competition will take place live from Turin this Saturday, May 14, 2022. Candidates, favourites, bookmakers, we summarize everything you need to know.
- Eurovision will be broadcast tonight, Saturday 14 May 2022. The European singing competition will be broadcast live on France 2 from 9 p.m.
- Who are the candidates? of Eurovision 2022? Saturday evening we find 25 countries on the podium of Turin. Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Sweden qualified for the last semi-final. They join Switzerland, Armenia, Iceland, Lithuania, Portugal, Norway, Greece, Ukraine, Moldova and the Netherlands, as well as members of the Big Five who have already qualified (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom), in the last.
- Ukraine is the favorite for Eurovision 2022. According to bookmakers’ predictions, Ukraine has a good chance of being crowned the winner this year thanks to the song “Stefania” by the group Kalesh Orchestra. Russia was excluded from the competition this year due to the invasion of the country.
- Who are the candidates from France? The Alvan & Ahez group was chosen during the competition Eurovision France: you decide Representing France in the Eurovision Song Contest. These Breton singers will perform the song “Fullen” (“spark” or “young girl” in Breton) on the Turin stage. The bookmakers do not predict a good ranking for France and our representatives. We would have less than a 1% chance of winning and we would finish in 16th place, according to the predictions on the eve of the competition. Let’s wait and see if these bets are verified with the final rankings coming out in a few hours.
07:05 – L’Ukraine bookmakers’ favorite
Before the Eurovision Song Contest, bookmakers take bets to guess which country would come out on top. Due to the current political context, gamblers can easily imagine Ukraine winning the international singing competition by getting a lot of points from other countries. This year, Ukraine will be represented by the group of rappers Kalush Orchestra.
06:44 – Listen to “Fullen”, the French song for Eurovision
Alvan & Ahez will defend France in Eurovision thanks to the title “Fullen”. In Breton, this word means both “spark” and “beautiful girl”, the latter word may have the connotation of “light girl”. “We wanted to mislead this expression and introduce an emancipatory discourse for women. We sing the story of a young girl who goes to dance around a bonfire at nightfall, she takes everyone and pushes back the slanderous looks,” specifies Marine Lavigne, one of the group’s three young women, in an interview. with AFP Listen below to the title that Alvan & Ahez will sing on the Eurovision stage tonight.
06:32 – Who are the French candidates for Eurovision?
On March 5, the program “Eurovision France: you decide” named the French candidate for the Eurovision Song Contest. The Breton group Alvan & Ahez was chosen as the three-colour standard-bearer on this occasion. This group consists of Alvan, Marine, Stereen D. and Stereen. They met in 2021 and soon formed their group and performed their lyrics during Breton celebrations.
06:14 – Where and when do you watch Eurovision?
Eurovision takes place in Turin on Saturday 14 May 2022. The event will be broadcast live on France 2 from 9pm. So just go to the second channel, or stream on the france.tv site, to follow the evening live.
06:00 – Eurovision takes place tonight
It’s the big day: Eurovision is back for the 2022 edition. Saturday, May 14, 2022, the final of the international singing competition will be broadcast live from Turin. The event’s most loyal fans broadcast the candidates and their various performances during the semifinals a few days earlier.
Eurovision 2022 marks the beginning of May. The final will take place in Turin, next Saturday, May 14, 2022. In France, the event can be followed on France 2 from 9 p.m. Previously, two semi-finals made it possible to select twenty candidate countries for the final. They took place on Tuesday 10 May 2022 and Thursday 12 May 2022, a few days before the winner of this 66th edition was announced.
France is represented by the Breton group Alvan and Ahez at Eurovision 2022. This formation consists of four members: the female trio Ahez Marine Lavigne, Sterenn Diridollou and Sterenn Le Guillou and the musician Alexis Morvan-Rosius, better known as Alvan. They were selected on March 5 during the program “Eurovision France: you decide”. The tricolor group performs the song “Fulenn” on the Turin stage, which means both “spark” and “beautiful girl” in Breton. It has been since 1977 and Marie Myriam’s victory that France has not won the Eurovision Song Contest.
We do not yet know the ranking of Eurovision 2022. Last year, the Italian group Maneskin won the singing competition with 524 points, mostly saved by public votes. He was ahead of France and Barbara Pravi (2nd with 499 points) and Switzerland (3rd, 432 points) on the podium. The top of the ranking was completed by Iceland (378 points), Ukraine (364 points) and Finland (301 points). Below you will find in detail the latest Eurovision ranking.
- Italy (524 points)
- France (499 points)
- Switzerland (432 points)
- Iceland (378 points)
- Ukraine (364 points)
- Finland (301 points)
- Malta (255 points)
- Lithuania (220 points)
- Russia (204 points)
- Greece (170 points)
- Bulgaria (170 points)
- Portugal (153 points)
- Moldova (115 points)
- Sweden (109 points)
- Serbia (102 points)
- Chypre (94 points)
- Israel (93 points)
- Norway (75 points)
- Belgium (74 points)
- Azerbaijan (65 points)
- Albania (57 points)
- Saint Marin (50 points)
- Netherlands (11 points)
- Spain (6 points)
- Germany (3 points)
- the United Kingdom (0 points)