There are only two options left in 2022 for those who want to enjoy that break of up to four days: Corpus Christi (June 16, a Thursday) and the Proclamation of the Republic (November 15, a Tuesday). There is still time to plan trips for both occasions, but each has its own specifications.
O g1 spoke with Mariana Aldrigui, president of the tourism board of Fecomércio de SP and tourism researcher at USP, to find out what the tips are for those who want to enjoy the dates. See below:
Corpus Christi (optional item)
Contrary to popular belief, Body of Christ It is not a national holiday. The date is usually considered an optional item in the federal government service and is a national or municipal holiday in some places – which is why many people consider this a long “vacation”. So the first tip is to see what it will be like in your city/job.
1. Is it still worth thinking about traveling by plane?
Besides the fact that Corpus Christi is less than 1 month away, traveling to faraway places is not the best option for June as the Airfares are regularly increased due to the constant increase in fuel prices†
- Airline price increases by 19% in one year
- How do you find cheap tickets
“There is both an increase in the price of fuel and the price of the dollar. For example, jet fuel increases the base price and is charged in dollars. It is like increasing it twice in one item,” he explains Mariana Aldrigui.
Airline ticket — Photo: Eva Darron/unplash
If you want to give up the day off in June and enjoy the holiday of the proclamation of the republicprices will be more attractive in November.
If you don’t want to stop traveling by plane in Corpus Christi, even if you pay dearly, the beaches in the northeast are good options for example for those who want to escape the cold and because they are not in high season, unlike destinations like Campos do Jordão (SP), Gramado (RS) and others.
“It’s a holiday where we don’t see a lot of families traveling to the beach because it’s a period at the end of the semester and because a lot of people are studying.”
“Natal, Fortaleza, the Bahia coast and Lençóis Maranhenses have some pretty cool attractions for this time of year. It’s worth looking at the Northeast as a whole. And the more flight options the place has, the easier it is to better prices. there is only one flight, then it becomes more expensive,” says the researcher.
2. Does it pay for international travel?
Mariana says that pre-purchasing a travel package is less a matter of logistics and more of a budget. With one month to go, it is possible to look for destinations in neighboring countries, for example. However, the prices will not be the lowest because it is high season in these places†
“For those who like winter travel, it is a good time to go to Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, especially to enjoy the cold and the gastronomy. But it is not common to have low prices just like that. The closer to the date, of course, the more expensive it gets,” he says.
for those who want to travel for the United States or Europe, it is expected that from June onwards the values will be higher and higher due to the arrival of summer†
“This is a year in which all restrictions will be lifted, such as the mandatory mask and Covid testing. Analysts point out that it must be the most expensive and busiest summer in Europe and the southern region of the US. [Flórida]Mariana emphasizes.
“The price of the flight departing from Brazil to Europe will now be double what it will be in November, because the demand is high and the schedule is very interesting.”
3. What if you go by car or bus?
Although fuel is expensive, the situation is not the same as for airline tickets if the person is considering traveling from 200 to 300 kilometers from where they are.
In this case, some hotels in off-season destinations (such as those on the beach) may even offer promotions if you’re looking for a month to go. “And then these actions compensate for the high fuel value,” says the expert.
To save more, instead of staying in a more expensive hotel, people can look for a simpler inn, reduce the days they eat out… “Changing this composition a little pays off in the end. Good and you can enjoy it” , he teaches.
Proclamation of the Republic
The next official national holiday is November 15, the date on which the proclamation of the republic is proclaimed. Since it is a Tuesday, the change will depend on the rules of each company or institution. And do not forget that the date is almost a month before Christmas and New Year.
1. Is it worth traveling for the holidays?
“For example, for those who want to make a purchase, it pays to travel in November because the prices are lower. Planning now, six months in advance, is a great time.”says Mariana† †And the recommendation from economists is that, as we are in a year of political and economic uncertainty, you can pay in installments and redistribute spending.”
2. And the impact of the World Cup?
The researcher also states that, since there will be a World Cup (from November 21 to December 18 in Qatar), the advantage of destinations in November is much greater than in December†
“In December, Brazil only plays on weekdays and companies have to combine holidays and amendments. Prices are likely to rise depending on the combination with the World Cup and the end of the year. Traveling in November can be useful for this reason, as you avoid the group of big guy who wants to enjoy vacations and the beach,” he says.
3. What are the best destinations?
Mariana says the beaches are still good options, as the high season doesn’t start until December.
- The best beaches in the world to visit in 2022
“In November we have the northeast, but it is already possible to go to the beaches in the south of the country or on the coast of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. So you will find many packages there, especially given the purchasing power of families, toward purchase in Brazil, not abroad”.
4. When should I buy airline tickets and accommodation?
Despite constant adjustments, it is recommended to buy the plane ticket in the first semesterto find better prices and be able to pay in installments.
“If some of the value is saved for the trip, it’s worth paying in installments. In addition to leaving some of it paid, it’s less of a burden when you return with the extra costs you have, such as groceries and food. in the planning criterion and many agencies and services are divided into up to 10 terms for clients,” says Mariana.
Three Brazilian beaches are among the ten best to travel in 2022
Regardless of when you plan to travel, there are important planning tips. Researcher Mariana and Luiz Trigo, professor of tourism at USP, listed the most important:
- Set the budget for all kinds of expenses, such as transportation, accommodation, food and attractions;
- Choose the type of trip you want: destination without many people on the streets or hotels, or with busy cities?
- Look for places that also remember the Companions. if you are going to have children† for example, checking whether there will be a recreational and safe option;
- If you want to take the pet with you, see if it is safe and possible to take care of the pet.
- Research what the weather will be like to do the expected activity and also to know what kind of clothes to bring.
- Search for accommodation based on travelers’ profile. To choose the place, you need to consider whether you are going to be a child, elderly person, pet.
- Please check price, quality, location and security before booking. The right places put all the information. The more information, photo and map, the place is safe.
- A very different promotion and much lower than the price deserves attention, because it can hide an unpleasant surprise, such as hotels in unsafe neighborhoods that differ from the published images;
- When making the reservation, keep the receipt and call if necessary with questions.
- When traveling by car, it is important to maintain the vehicle and also not to drive in unfamiliar places at night;
- If you’re flying, buy tickets on trusted websites, such as those of the airlines themselves or that have security seals, privacy policies, and contact information.
- If possible, buy airline tickets at least a month in advance. If you have a problem, you are more likely to solve it. It is also necessary to get to the airport early and to consider the health care;
- If you go by bus, always research where the disembarkation bus station is to know if you need other transportation. Book days in advance so there are no surprises when the bus is full;
- If you are going to rent a car at the destination, be clear about what the final value will be. It is ultimately beneficial when traveling with friends and over shorter distances.
- Look for trusted entities that provide proven security, such as entities with privacy policies, reputation, comments from people who have used the service, and contact information.
- Check out the entire package and see if any fees are included, such as airline boarding fees and service fees offered with lodging. The value is calculated per day.
Travel luggage — Photo: Pixabay/Reproduction