WWE SmackDown Albany, New York
The commentators are Michael Cole and Pat McAfee.
– Tonight is WWE SmackDown, the blue show begins with the commentators welcoming us and announcing the evening’s program with in particular the signing of the contract for the unification of the titles by teams between RKBro and the USOS, as well as a Beat The Clock Challenge with Charlotte Flair versus Aliyah and Ronda Rousey versus Shotzi Blackheart, but first we’ll start with a Steel Cage match.
STEEL CAGE MATCH
Drew McIntyre vs Sami Zayn
During the match, Sami Zayn tried to climb out of the cage, but Drew McIntyre caught him and brought him back to the ring. He then repeatedly throws it against the cage.
At the end of the match, after again catching up with Sami Zayn who tried to flee, Drew McIntyre hits him with a Superplex and continues with his Claymore for the win.
Gagnant: Drew McIntyre
– We have a recap of what happened last week during the signing of the contract for the I Quit Match for the Smackdown Women’s Title between Charlotte Flair and Ronda Rousey.
– Kayla Braxton is with Charlotte Flair who doesn’t let her ask any questions and tells her that she is the Queen and that she will beat her opponent in the Beat The Clock Challenge. The world and Ronda Rousey will once again witness the overall superiority of Queen Charlotte Flair.
† Baron Corbin arrives in the ring and he tells us that: madcap Moss isn’t a problem for anyone anymore, because all his jokes were terrible. His funniest joke was that he could beat Baron Corbin. He adds that he owes him his victory at the André The Huge memorial Conflict Royal and above all because he made him the man he is today, because everything he touches turns to gold.
Baron Corbin asks that we take the trophy to the ring because he will destroy it to show Madcap Moss that he is the one who does, but also the one who takes back. He says he can’t wait to see the face of madcap Moss when he destroys this trophy and asks for a bat but Corbin doesn’t realize it is Moss who owns the club. madcap Moss tries to attack Baron Corbin with the bat, but he misses. Baron Corbin tries to run away, but Madcap Mos catches him and sends him to the corner of the ring, but this time Corbin manages to flee.
– We have a recap of what happened two weeks ago with Ricochet’s win over Jinder Mahal and Shanky’s challenge for the Intercontinental title last week. Ricochet enters the ring for his match against Shanky.
INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Ricochet vs Shanky
At the end of the match, Jinder removes Mahal Ricochet from the third rope without being seen by the referee. Skanky then tries to take advantage of this by taking him on his shoulders, but is countered by Ricochet who surprises him with a Sunset Flip Pin for the win.
After the match, Jinder Mahal is furious and let Shanky know by yelling at him but Shanky doesn’t give up and asks him to shut up and then he leaves.
– Backstage, Kayla Braxton asks Raquel Rodriguez if she’s stressed out ahead of her Smackdown debut. She tells him she’s stressed, but most of all, excited to impress tonight.
Raquel Rodriguez vs Cat Cardoza
At the end of the match, Raquel Rodriguez blocks a large boot from Cat Cardoza and continues with her Chingona bomb for the win.
Winner: Raquel Rodriguez
– A video of Ludwig Kaiser and Gunther is shown. Ludwig Kaiser, says Gunther is the embodiment of danger and will destroy anyone disrespectful in the ring. Gunther ends by saying that respect will be commanded by the Ring General.
– It’s time to sign the contract for the title unification match that will take place at WrestleMania Backlash and we welcome the RKBro first and then the Usos. Adam Pearce is in the ring with both teams and he says that at the end of this contract signing, the match will be official.
Jimmy Usos says they have nothing left to prove and that everyone knows who they are. He says that after WrestleMania Backlash the Bloodline will be covered in gold and they will need much bigger luggage to carry all that stuff. He ends by saying that there will be a lot of token of appreciation.
Riddle says he can’t tell the two Usos brothers apart. He suggests to Adam Pearce to ask them to wear tags with their names or if one of them grows a mustache. Adam Pearce responds by saying he will think about it. Randy Orton says he never had that problem because Jey is the right arm and Jimmy is the bitch.
Jimmy Uso dislikes these words and jumps across the table on Randy Orton. A fight ensues between the four men and it is RK-Bro who manages it when suddenly the music of Roman Reigns sounds. He quietly arrives in the ring with Paul Heyman while the RKBro wait, they are attacked by the Usos who return to attack. Roman Reigns comes to the ring and tears up the contract then gives it to Riddle and he then punches him, but Drew McIntyre’s music kicks in and he comes to the ring. Roman Reigns asks The Usos to attack him but they are pushed back and he manages to get into the ring and the fight breaks out.
It’s Drew McIntyre who will take over by sending Roman Reigns outside the ring with a Belly to Belly Overhead Suplex. RK-Bro and Drew McIntyre remain in the ring while the Usos and Roman Reigns retreat under their care.
– After the commercial break, Adam Pearce is on the phone when Paul Heyman enters the room. Paul Heyman tells him that Roman Reigns is not happy at all after what just happened. He says it’s time to get going for the tag team titles and he offers RK-Bro and Drew McIntyre against The Usos and Roman Reigns, but Adam Pearce says he can’t change the matches.
Paul Heyman says he appreciates that Pearce is a man of principle, but it will suffer for the rest of his career because Paul Heyman will file a complaint with the board of directors. He ends by saying that Adam Pearce can and will make this match official.
– WWE announces that Naomi and Sasha Banks will defend their tag team titles against Shayna Baszler and Natalya in two weeks.
Naomi (joined by Sasha Banks) vs Shayna Baszler (joined by Natalya)
At the end of the match, Naomi sends Shayna Baszler to the corner of the ring and surprises her with a Rollup for the win.
Winner: Naomi (accompanied by Sasha Banks)
– Commentators tell us Butch hasn’t been seen since last week. Behind the scenes, Sheamus tells Ridge Holland that Butch needs to be found and that he wants posters everywhere.
– After the commercial break, the match of the 6 man tag team RK-Bro & Drew McIntyre against the Usos & Roman Reigns will be formalized for WrestleMania Backlash.
– Ridge Holland and Sheamus arrive first in the ring, followed by Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods. Kofi Kingston says Ridge and Sheamus’ team is strangely missing someone. He says the new day has been together for 8 years while they have been together for a month and a half and people are already missing. Xavier Woods says Sheamus was with the League of Nations, with a Swiss, and now with guys we don’t know very well. He ends by saying that he will destroy Ridge Holland.
Ridge Holland (joined by Sheamus) vs Xavier Woods (joined by Kofi Kingston)
At the end of the match, Xavier Woods escaped a Powerbomb attempt by Ridge Holland followed by a small package for the win.
Winner: Xavier Woods (accompanied by Kofi Kingston)
After the match, Sheamus was upset by the loss of his protégé and challenged Kofi Kingston to show him how to do it right.
Sheamus (joined by Ridge Holland) vs Kofi Kingston (joined by Xavier Woods)
At the end of the match, Kofi Kingston climbed onto the second rope and jumped, but was greeted by a Knee Strike from Sheamus, who then followed with his brogue kick for the win.
After the match, Ridge Holland tackles Xavier Woods, then Sheamus sets a table and Holland knocks him through the table with a Powerbomb. Sheamus and Ridge Holland congratulate each other with booing from fans.
† A new video from lacey Evans broadcast. She tells us she’s been hunted at age 17, but was the first in her family to graduate from high school. Then she joined the Marines where she was first in her class. She says that during the awards ceremonies everyone had their family in the room, but that was not the case for her. All these difficulties allowed her to become the woman she is today and she ends up saying that she will show other superstars what she is worth.
– After the commercial break, the commentators tell us that Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods will meet Sheamus and Ridge Holland next week in a Tables Match. Sasha Banks takes on Natalya in a 1v1 match.
– Ronda Rousey arrives in the ring for her Beat The Clock I Quit Match, after which Charlotte Flair settles into the rings.
BEAT THE CLOCK CHALLENGE I STOP MATCH
Ronda Rousey vs Shotzi Blackheart
At the end of the match, Ronda Rousey lands an Exploder Slam and continues with the Ankle Lock for the win by submission.
Winner: Ronda Rousey in 1 minute and 41 seconds
After the race, Charlotte Flair says it was a nice win, but it will be one of her last for a long time to come. She asks Ronda Rousey to leave the ring and Aliyah to come.
BEAT THE CLOCK CHALLENGE I STOP MATCH
Charlotte Flair v Aliyah
At the end of the match, Charlotte Flair manages to wear her Figure 8 Leglock, unfortunately time to beat: the 1 minute and 41 seconds are up.
Winner: time limit expired
After the match, Charlotte Flair leaves the ring and meets Drew Gulak, the evening’s timekeeper. She says it’s her fault she didn’t beat time and attacks her with a big boot in the face. She then hits him with the bell.
The show ends with Charlotte Flair celebrating with a smile as she exits the ring with her title.
Photo credit: WWE